Dear Satus Community:
Have you ever felt that true excitement and anticipation that starts at the very pit of your stomach and electrifies your whole being? This is my feeling as I anticipate the upcoming school year as the Principal of Satus Elementary.
I would like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Luz Juarez Stump. I have been married to my husband Rick for the past 36 years and we are proud parents of five children, with our last in line being a recent graduate. For the past seventeen years, I have served the Yakima School District as an elementary principal as well as an assistant principal at one of the middle schools. Before coming to Yakima, I served with the Wahluke School District as the principal of their elementary (K-2) and intermediate schools (3-5) for five years. I have taught grades two through eight and have coached a girls’ varsity basketball team to a 3rd place finish at the state tournament at the Tacoma Dome! I have saved the best for last, once a wolf, always a wolf. I graduated from Wapato High School and love that I am returning to my hometown and giving back to this wonderful community.
Our motto at Satus is “Where greatness continues…” We will continue to work on goals that align with the Wapato School District mission in order to improve student achievement, which will prepare our students for success in the global economy. Building relationships with students, staff, parents, and our community as we walk the path toward student success will be how we lay the foundation for success.
It is my belief that:
- Parents are their children’s first teacher and should be acknowledged as valuable and necessary assets to their children’s education.
- Parents and school have a shared responsibility for the academic achievement of their children.
- Parents must be empowered by schools to support their child’s education.
- Parents have the right to be involved and informed about school policies and their children’s academic progress.
- Parents have the right to hold schools accountable for a welcoming, safe, and quality learning environment.
- Parents have a right to be meaningfully engaged in the decision-making process of the school.
- Parents and families benefit when schools serve as a resource for the entire community and the community serves as a resource for schools.
Some dates to mark on your calendar include:
- August 20………………………………………..SATUS OFFICE OPENS
- August 27………………………….…………….SATUS OPEN HOUSE (5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- September 4………………………………..FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
I look forward to meeting all of you so that we can begin to open the lines of communication in order to build a strong relationship that will be mutually beneficial. Please feel free to reach me at Satus anytime or via email at email@example.com. My door is always open and I look forward to meeting you.
Let the adventure begin….onward to greatness!
Luz Juarez Stump, Principal
Satus Elementary School